All worship services (9 AM, 11AM, and 5:45 PM) move to the Broyles Ministry Center.
Soft opening of the new Children & Family Ministries and Youth areas. Bring your kids to the new spaces for Sunday School!
>> Look for signage on-site to help you find your way to the new spaces
1920’s Third Floor (Music Suite, Staff Lounge, Higher Grounds Classroom, and Foundation Builders Classroom) goes offline for renovations.
Ribbon Cutting for Children & Family Ministries and Youth spaces and Open House. Come take a look!
>> Come explore The Sphere (elementary) and The Lil Sphere (preschool) at the open house on Sunday, November 12 from 10:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
SHINE SNEAK PEEKS OF YOUTH & CHILDREN'S AREAS
(make sure you turn on the sound! 🔊)
Our windows (including some of the Tiffany stained glass) from the Sanctuary are currently undergoing restoration in New Jersey. They will be thoroughly cleaned and taken apart so the lead can be replaced. The restoration team reported that we are undergoing this project "not a moment too soon."
You can read more about North Avenue's stained glass windows here.
In addition to the Broyles Ministry Center, the Sanctuary
will also have air-conditioning beginning on Sunday, May 14.
SHINE Facebook Live Hard Hat Tour (May 15, 2017)
Thanks to everyone who joined us live for the Facebook Hard Hat Tour to get a "behind the scenes" look at progress in the SHINE Building Project. We so enjoyed getting your feedback and interacting with you in real time! Our live feed paused briefly, so we have the tour in two parts below. The quality of the video suffered a bit in several low-lit areas, but hopefully you get an idea of the exciting changes already underway!
New Welcome Center Bathrooms are open as of April 2!
APRIL/MAY 2017 UPDATE
Power Turnover/AC Update
This week our contractors began work on a critical phase of our project which we are calling a power turnover. What does that mean for us? Check out the Q and A below.
What is a power turnover?
- A power turnover is the process of changing our current electrical service to an upgraded and more powerful electrical supply.
- During power turnover, the church moves to a diminished power supply (200 amps) while the work occurs.
How long should a power turnover last?
- In an ideal scenario it would take less than three weeks, but…
- In response to the collapse of the I-85 bridge, the city has elected to not allow lane closures of any duration on four streets in Atlanta. Two of the streets redlined by the city are North Avenue and Peachtree St. NE.
- This is important because Georgia Power needs to close a lane of traffic for one day to finish our power turnover process.
- As a result, we will have reduced power at NAPC, until I-85 reopens.
What changes will I experience during the power turnover?
- There will be programming changes, which we will communicate to you regularly and often.
- Adult Sunday school will all meet together for the Foundations Series on Sunday, April 30 in the Sanctuary at 10 a.m.
- There will be no adult Sunday school on Sunday, May 7. Instead, we invite you to First Sunday Coffee: Special Edition at 10 a.m. on the Upper Parking Deck. Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea from Community Grounds—on us!
- The elevator from floor 3-4 will not be operable, but the chair lifts will be available.
- If you notice lights are off in particular rooms, noted by signs, please do not turn the lights on or use electrical outlets in these spaces.
What is the situation with air conditioning?
- We currently do not have a viable way to provide air conditioning to the sanctuary and 1920’s building.
- We do have air conditioning in the BMC building for children’s ministries. The BMC is on its own electrical and mechanical systems, meaning this space is not affected by the power turnover.
- We will likely be without air conditioning until the power turnover ends, but we continue to seek plausible alternatives (pragmatically and economically) to provide AC to affected areas of campus.