On This Page
As a part of the NAPC community of faith, you can serve in a multitude of ways. Some examples of ways to serve include being a part of our giving projects, working with the homeless community, loving and caring for children in a homeless shelter, international student outreach activities, short term mission trip experiences to encourage and work with our global partners, social issue advocacy events, fellowship with refugees in our Atlanta community, and pledging to our Mission budget.
There are many other ways to serve as well- you have a wide variety of different and creative ways to answer God’s call to join him at work in in the world. Where is He calling you?
Missions Strategic Initiatives
Below is a list of our current missionary partners and partner organizations. You can click on the names of the missionary partners for their email addresses. For more information on our partner organizations, you can click on their names to connect to their websites.
Brian & Karen Anders (Wycliffe Bible Translators & SIL International)
Frank & Nancy Dimmock (Outreach Foundation- Africa Mission Specialist)
Tim & Debbie Dunn (The Antioch Partners)
Roy & Becky Eyre (Wycliffe, Canada)
Glenn Goldsmith (Intervarsity Fellowship – Atlanta, GA)
Bobby Gross (Intervarsity Fellowship/ US)
Shelvis and Nancy Smith-Mather (PCUSA- South Sudan)
Boyd Nixon(Cru /Atlanta)
José Pezini (Outreach Foundation/ Brazil)
Lisa & Werner Schobesberger (International Teams-Austria)
Jamil (North Africa)
Abdel & Olivia (Europe and North Africa)
Ted and Jiali Yuan (CRU-Asia)
Loan Nguyen (InterVarsity Fellowship- Atlanta, GA)
Judy Billings (International Students Inc.)
The nations have come to our doorstep and we want to give them a warm welcome!
The Chinese Student Ministry interacts with Chinese students at Georgia Tech by welcoming them when they arrive as new students, engaging them into year-around events, and introducing them to the gospel through Wednesday night and Sunday gatherings.
- Jason Chen and Jasmine Shi
Wednesday Night Program
- Throughout the year we offer a Wednesday night gathering for the Chinese students from 6:30 p.m. each week. The program includes an authentic Chinese meal cooked onsite and a Bible study in Mandarin.
Sunday School and Worship
- Chinese student fellowship meets at the church for the Contemporary Worship from 9 to 10 a.m. and then Sunday School from 10:15-11:30 a.m. Then we go out for a fellowship lunch together at local restaurants.
- We celebrate Chinese and American holidays with feast, fellowship, and games! New Year’s Eve, Chinese New Year, Easter, The 4th of July, Moon Festival, Thanksgiving, Christmas, you name it!
- We organize hiking trips and BBQ/picnic activities throughout the year, especially during Georgia Tech’s breaks.
- We regularly invite guest speakers, including GT professors and alumni, to share their life stories and lessons.
- We celebrate each one’s birthday as a fellowship and as a family together.
- Other activities include Girls Gathering, Career Seminar, Volunteer Activities, Gospel Camp, etc.
If you are interested in getting involved, contact Jason Chen.
Scholars - ESL & American Culture Classes
The free ESL and American Culture classes will meet every Wednesday night on the fourth floor of the church. Dinner is at the fourth-floor gym 5:30-6:30 p.m. ($4), and class is from 6:30-8 p.m. The North Avenue bus will come to the GLC at 5:15 p.m., IPST at 5:20 p.m., and WCF at 5:25 p.m.
Pizza & Bible Discussion
WCF at Georgia Tech (724 Techwood Drive next to the football stadium) hosts free Pizza and Bible Discussion every Thursday evening. Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. and small group discussions go from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Come to enjoy food, fellowship and investigative Bible study. Childcare is provided. We also organize out of -town trips and celebrate Chinese and American holidays!
Sunday Worship Services
Come experience worship at North Avenue Presbyterian Church. North Avenue Church is located at 607 Peachtree Street, one block east on North Avenue from the North Ave MARTA Station.
The schedule for Sunday mornings is as follows:
- 9:30 a.m. – Bus pickup at 500 Northside Apartments (former Hartford Apartments)
- 9:40 a.m. – Bus pickup at Tenth Street and Holly St.
- 9:45 a.m. – Pickup at Tenth and Hemphill (Near IPST) Pick up by car
- 9:50 a.m. – Pickup at WCF at Georgia Tech
- 10:15 a.m. – ESL Bible Class previewing worship includes sermon text with English vocabulary
- 11:15 a.m. – Traditional Presbyterian Worship Service with pipe organ music and choir
North Avenue Presbyterian Church is located at 607 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta. You can enter the building through the entrance on Peachtree Street facing the Bank of America building.