One of North Avenue’s core values is transformational faith development which suggests that each person continues to grow holistically in knowledge and faith throughout their lifespan.
As our space is limited during construction, we have combined Sunday School classes. Join us for the Foundations Series at 10 a.m. in the Gym on the fourth floor. We welcome NAPC staff, officers, and congregation members, as well as special guests, to teach us.
Upcoming Schedule for Foundations Series
There will be no Adult Sunday School on May 7. Instead, we invite you to First Sunday Coffee: Special Edition at 10 a.m. as we gather on the upper parking deck for coffee and tea from Community Grounds. Enjoy a good cup of coffee, on us, and spend some extra time with your church family.
Doc McKay teaches a series, “Close to God,” during the month of May.
- May 14: Glory God tells Moses about his glory in Exodus 33: 12-23. What is God’s glory, and does it have anything to do with me? Do I want to be around it?
- May 21: Devotion The Apostle Paul describes one basis for devotion in Colossians 3:1-3. Do I have a private, personal relationship with God? Does my trusting him characterize my life?
- May 28: Hope Psalm 121 tells us how God personally cares about his children. Is my relationship with God dependable and lasting? Will he ever let me down?
June Schedule for Foundations:
- June 7: The Church in Syria, Lessons in Faith and Faithfulness Elder Marilyn Borst, who is with The Outreach Foundation (an NAPC mission partner), will recap her recent journey to Syria (her 17th) where she spent Holy Week in far northeast Syria.
- June 11-25: Special Guest Sharol Hayner
Additional sunday school opportunities
The Young Families Class for families with young children meets on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m.in the Bank of America Building Lobby. This group meets for Bible study and to share in life together in this season of life. Contact Ben Allward-Theimer to connect with this class.
Two Apprentice Classes meet on Sunday mornings, currently in their third study: The Good and Beautiful Community which goes through May. A new Apprentice Series is scheduled to begin in January, 2018. Registration will begin this fall.
Chinese Scholars are invited to join an ESL Preparations Class at 10 a.m. in Room 316. We preview the elements and vocabulary of the 11 a.m. worship service. Chinese children are invited to learn the English Bible with the Children’s ministry, currently located in the Broyles Ministry Center. Children also may attend a professional ESL children’s class with Judy Billings at 11 a.m. in Room 316.
North Avenue has small groups that gather all over the metro-Atlanta area, meeting throughout the week. Some groups gather based on location, affinity, or age & stage. Find the right group for you by contacting Kim Goldsmith.