One of North Avenue’s core values is transformational faith development which suggests that each person continues to grow holistically in knowledge and faith throughout their lifespan.
Adult Discipleship Classes
Discipleship Classes meet at 10:15 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
- Higher Grounds Higher Grounds is a nonconsecutive class (easy to drop-in!) that integrates current events and/or psychology with Biblical scripture, generating lively discussion and fellowship (Room 3209)
- Cornerstone Inspired by Ephesians 2:19-22, the Cornerstone Class will explore what it means to fully seek Jesus alone as the Cornerstone of all aspects of our lives and worldviews—vocation, marriage, family, interpersonal relationships—and what that looks like in the real world (Room 3210)
- Designed for Discipleship
Each Sunday we aim to create a space where we learn from each other through an honest, thoughtful discussion of Scripture and how to live lives that are pleasing to God (4101)
- International Perspectives We are a group from varied backgrounds who seek to understand the Great Commission by studying the Scriptures and hearing the testimonies of visiting missionaries as well as the experiences of our fellow class members (BMC-B)
- New Families
Parents with children in preschool and younger gather for Bible study and to share in life together (Room 4102)
- The Cup A class giving voice to street theology (Room 4113)
- Speak Easy A time to gather for authentic conversation on the journey toward the intersection of justice, Jesus, and everyday life (Room 4200)
- The College Class College students gather for conversations/ questions related to teachings on the Bible (Room 4203)
- ESL Chinese Scholars are invited to join an ESL Preparations Class on the fifth floor. We preview the elements and vocabulary of the 11 a.m. worship service
North Avenue has small groups that gather all over the metro-Atlanta area, meeting throughout the week. Some groups gather based on location, affinity, or age & stage. Find the right group for you by contacting Kim Goldsmith.