One of North Avenue’s strategic initiatives in the coming years is the development of “whole Gospel small groups.” We hope that small groups have elements of evangelism and mission, prayer and worship, and Bible study and fellowship. North Avenue’s Small Group Ministry is active and always growing–which is why all of the individual groups are not listed here. We’ve created a few small groups categories to help you decide which might appeal to you most. We want to help you find a place for you to worship, grow, and go with other people seeking Jesus. We want everyone at North Avenue to be a part of a small group, something we believe to be an important part of faith development and an integral part of learning about and being a part of Christian community. Contact Kay Carlson at email@example.com to connect to a group (even if you have no idea what you’re looking for, Kay can help direct you to the right group!).
Join a small group!
Small groups are an important part of faith development and an integral part of learning about and being a part of Christian community. See a list of and register for adult small groups here.
Currently open groups include the following:
- GA Tech: Every Other Tuesday; WCF at Georgia Tech; College students studying the Bible together. Marcos Albertini: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Adults: Tuesdays at 7:30 PM; Rotates Homes of Participants; on break for the summer. Whitney Meadows: email@example.com
- Young Adults: Wednesdays at 7 PM; Room 323; Studying Old Testament Prophets. Jeff Meyers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Koinonia: Thursdays at 12 PM; (Georgia State) GSU University Center, Room 225; Meets during academic year for Bible study and fellowship with other students. Jeff Meyers: email@example.com
- Young Life College: Thursdays at 7 PM; Georgia Tech; Bible Study and Fellowship for Students. Carolyn Tye: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NW Atlanta: Tuesdays at 7:30 PM; Chick-fil-a on Windy Hill Road & I-75; Charlton Duncan: email@example.com
- Morningside: Mondays at 6:30 PM; Rotates Homes of Participants; Kay Carlson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mothers of Young Children: Third Tuesdays at 7 PM; Rotates Homes of Participants; Expectant moms, new moms, and moms of young children talk about varying topics. Alison Smith: email@example.com
- Presbyterian Women Circles: Second Tuesdays of the Month at 10 AM; NAPC; Women of all ages atudying 1, 2, & 3 John, 1 & 2 Peter, and Jude using the book Living Stones, the Making of an Eternal Fellowship by Becce Betteridge. Carolyn Christ: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ladies Inductive Bible Study (PW Circle 3): Second and Fourth Tuesdays of the Month at 10 AM; NAPC; Women of all ages studying the Bible together. Helen Still: email@example.com
- Women’s Prayer Fellowship: First Wednesdays of the Month at 10 AM; Vinings Area; Women gather to pray together. Polly Bates: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study: 7 PM; Room 323; Women studying the Bible together (Childcare Available.) Anne Barron: email@example.com
- Thursday Morning Bible Study: 9:30 AM; Room 301; Women studying Beth Moore’s DVD series Esther: It’s Tough Being a Women with worship and small group time as well. Gladys Mitchell: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Bible Study: Thursdays at 7:30 AM; Brookhaven Area; Men studying the Bible together. Alex Davis: email@example.com
- Men’s Bible Study: Fridays at 7 AM; Chequers-Perimeter Bible study for men Richard Hanson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sundays @ 10
Every Sunday between 10 & 11 a.m., classes meet around North Avenue’s campus to learn more about who Jesus is, an essential part of growth as Christ followers. Discipleship at North Avenue is not so much about conveying information as it is about transformation—through solid, skilled teaching of scripture, and constant immersion in applied Biblical principles made understandable and practical. Most classes have a limited amount of lecture time and focus instead on discussion. We’re all in this together! See a list of classes here.