ESL & American Culture Classes
Welcome New Students and Scholars! Mark your calendars for Wednesday Night ESL and American Culture Classes. The new student interviews will be August 29, Wednesday night. The North Avenue bus will come to the GLC at 5:15 p.m., IPST at 5:20 p.m., and WCF at 5:25 p.m. You will be served a light supper sandwich and then be interviewed to determine your English level for the classes that will begin on September 5. Please e-mail email@example.com if you want to come on Wednesday, August 29 for light supper and interview for the classes.
The ESL and American Culture classes will begin the next Wednesday, September 5, on the same schedule.
Pizza & Bible Discussion
Thursday, August 23 begins the new Pizza and Bible Disucssion for Fall Semester at WCF at Georgia Tech. This topic is Discovering the Bible: an introduction and overview for those who want to know about this amazing book that teaches us about the true living God! Come this Thursday night for sign up and introduction.
Sunday Worship Services
Come experience worship at North Avenue Presbyterian Church. North Avenue Church is located at 607 Peachtree Street, one block east on North Avenue from the North Ave MARTA Station. The schedule for Sunday mornings is as follows:
- 9:30AM - New Bus pickup at Hartford Apartments
- 9:40 AM – Bus pickup at Tenth Street and Holly St.
- 9:45 AM - Pickup at Tenth and Hemphill (Near IPST) Pick up by car
- 9:50 AM – WCF at Georgia Tech
- 10 AM - ESL Bible Class offers a preview of worship includes the sermon text with English vocabulary Dual language study with dual language leader Jason Chen.
- 11 AM - Traditional Presbyterian Worship Service with pipe organ music and choir
- 12 PM - Lunch You are our guest if you have attended the 11 a.m. worship service for the first time. Begining on September 2, there will be a small $3 cost per person for this fantastic hot lunch. There is not a better deal in town!
- 5:45 PM - Contemporary Worship Service Come and hear Josh Schicker on guitar and Jeff Meyers bring teaching message from the Bible.
North Avenue Presbyterian Church is located at 607 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta. You can usually enter the building through the ramp door, which is located in the lower parking deck off of North Avenue and has a large sign by the door with the church name on it. Most ESL classes are located on the fourth floor, so when you enter the building, take the elevator to the fourth floor.