One of North Avenue’s core values is transformational faith development which suggests that each person continues to grow holistically in knowledge and faith throughout the lifespan. We encourage you to explore and grow in discipleship through the opportunities below and if you don’t find what you’re looking for—please ask and let us know! . For more information contact Kay Carlson at email@example.com.
Sundays @ 10 [Sunday School]
Looking to dig a little deeper in your knowledge of the Bible, theology, or how to process life through the lens of faith and Christian community? Join us every Sunday morning at 10 a.m. for an adult Sunday School class. These small group gatherings help us to take intentional time to learn more about Jesus.
In months when a fifth Sunday arrives, Adult Discipleship classes join together for one Sunday forum on topics of current interest. We also welcome guest master teachers to lead 3-4 week classes that refresh our perspective on many topics. In the past we’ve discussed Islam and ‘What Is a Just War?’ Have ideas for a Forum or Perspectives class? Send a note to Kay Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THE CUP (Room 415) A Study of Scripture that Gives Voice to Street Theology
- DESIGNED FOR DISCIPLESHIP (BMC-A) Christian Living and Spiritual Growth Designed for Discipleship is a multi-generational class that believes that regular in-depth study of scripture within our faith community–with corresponding reflection on its impact to our lives–is a critical part of being a disciple of Christ. Format for the class is discussion led by a regular rotation of teachers. Selection of scripture is based on a schedule, rotating monthly, of Old Testament, New Testament, and topical/application. Meets in room BMC-A outside to Broyles Ministry Center entrance. Email Carolyn Christ at CarolynGChrist@aol.com for more information. In August we’ll be studying”God & Politics: David Ascends to the Throne” looking at 2 Samuel, led by Jon Toppen.
- ESL BIBLE CLASS (Room 402) For Adults with English as a Second Language Adult ESL class is especially designed for, but not limited to, Chinese visitors to North Avenue. It is geared for those just beginning to seek a faith journey but are unfamiliar with the church. The purpose is to preview the 11 AM worship Service by providing explanations of the terminology and elements of the Christian worship. We preview the Bible text for the sermon including context, vocabulary definitions and usage, observations, interpretations and applications. The goal is for new visitors and observers to feel comfortable to attend the worship services on a regular basis. They are also encouraged to join us for the congregational lunch, where we are happy to continue conversations and will answer additional questions
- NEW(ISH) FAMILY CLASS (Room 315) For Those in (or About to Be) Family Transitions Like Marriage or Kids Join us as we kick off our fall session on Sunday, September 7 with a study entitled……. YOU MAKE ME CRAZY – a series on surviving relationships God’s way. Everyone has “crazymakers” in life, whether it’s a boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, boss, or relative. This series will help bring sanity to your relationships so you can do more than just coexist; you can connect.
- HIGHER GROUNDS (Room 323) Discussion of Current Events through the Lens of Faith
- INTERNATIONAL CLASS (Room 406) Bible Study with International Perspective
- COLLEGE & YOUNG ADULT CLASS (Room 411) Bible Study and Community Building
- FOUNDATIONS/ MARRIAGE BUILDERS (Room 316) Building Foundations Through Scripture and Community
- UNITED CLASS (Room 301) Study of Sunday Morning’s Scripture The United Class is an adult class for all ages that is taught in a lecture/discussion format. Generally, we stay on the “same page” as the pastor, studying in detail the scripture passage that is the basis for the sermon each Sunday. It’s a great chance to get an in-depth look at the featured scripture from a different perspective. Occasionally we digress and have a special series for a few weeks on a topic such as the Ten Commandments or the character of God. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, so come join us for a serious and rewarding look at the Word of God and some good fellowship. [/list_item
CHOIR SUNDAY SCHOOL at 9:30 AM (Room 408) Inductive Bible Study in a casual round table setting. Currently studying James; 1 Peter will be the next book of study. Led by Oscar Rodriguez and meets 9:30 -10:15 a.m. Ideal class for those in the choir who are rehearsing during the normal Sunday School hour; or for non-choir members who are unable to attend their regular class at 10 a.m.
North Avenue has small groups that gather all over the metro-Atlanta area, meeting throughout the week. Some groups gather based on location, affinity, or age & stage. Find the right group for you by contacting Kay Carlson at email@example.com.
See more information about NAPC small groups at www.napc.org/smallgroup
Join us the first Thursday of each month from 11:45 a.m. -12:45 p.m. in the Prayer Room located just behind the front of the Sanctuary for a dedicated time of prayer.
The Spiritual Formation Team also hosts prayer retreats and other special events throughout the year. Check www.napc.org/news for upcoming opportunities.
North Avenue has a wide range of offerings to worship, grow, and go for women. The Thursday Morning Women’s Bible Study gathers at the church in Room 301 at 9:30 a.m. to study together, worship together, and talk in small group environments. Presbyterian Women gather for Bible studies (Circles 1, 2 meet at the church each month on the second Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. and Circle 3 meets the second and fourth Tuesdays at 10 a.m.) as well as plan fellowship and mission events. Mom’s Night Out meets monthly over dinner for fellowship and discussion.
More information and opportunities available at www.napc.org/women
The men’s ministry was launched in the Spring of 2011 and started with monthly men’s breakfasts—seeking to assist the men of NAPC to jointly work on activities that grow our faith and fellowship with each other as a community.