One of North Avenue’s core values is transformational faith development which suggests that each person continues to grow holistically in knowledge and faith throughout the lifespan. We encourage you to explore and grow in discipleship through the opportunities below and if you don’t find what you’re looking for—please ask and let us know! . For more information contact Kay Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sundays @ 10 [Sunday School]
Looking to dig a little deeper in your knowledge of the Bible, theology, or how to process life through the lens of faith and Christian community? Join us every Sunday morning at 10 a.m. for an adult Sunday School class. These small group gatherings help us to take intentional time to learn more about Jesus.
In months when a fifth Sunday arrives, Adult Discipleship classes join together for one Sunday forum on topics of current interest. We also welcome guest master teachers to lead 3-4 week classes that refresh our perspective on many topics. In the past we’ve discussed Islam and ‘What Is a Just War?’ Have ideas for a Forum or Perspectives class? Send a note to Kay Carlson at email@example.com.
- THE CUP (Room 415) A Study of Scripture that Gives Voice to Street Theology
- DESIGNED FOR DISCIPLESHIP (BMC-A) Christian Living and Spiritual Growth
- ESL BIBLE CLASS (Room 402) For Adults with English as a Second Language
- NEW(ISH) FAMILY CLASS (Room 315) For Those in (or About to Be) Family Transitions Like Marriage or Kids
- HIGHER GROUNDS (Room 323) Discussion of Current Events through the Lens of Faith
- INTERNATIONAL CLASS (Room 406) ible Study with International Perspective
- COLLEGE & YOUNG ADULT CLASS (Room 411) Bible Study and Community Building
- FOUNDATIONS/ MARRIAGE BUILDERS (Room 316) Building Foundations Through Scripture and Community
- UNITED CLASS (Room 301) Study of Sunday Morning’s Scripture
North Avenue has small groups that gather all over the metro-Atlanta area, meeting throughout the week. Some groups gather based on location, affinity, or age & stage. Find the right group for you by contacting Kay Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more information about NAPC small groups at www.napc.org/smallgroup
Join us the first Thursday of each month from 11:45 a.m. -12:45 p.m. in the Prayer Room located just behind the front of the Sanctuary for a dedicated time of prayer.
The Spiritual Formation Team also hosts prayer retreats and other special events throughout the year. Check www.napc.org/news for upcoming opportunities.
North Avenue has a wide range of offerings to worship, grow, and go for women. The Thursday Morning Women’s Bible Study gathers at the church in Room 301 at 9:30 a.m. to study together, worship together, and talk in small group environments. Presbyterian Women gather for Bible studies (Circles 1, 2 meet at the church each month on the second Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. and Circle 3 meets the second and fourth Tuesdays at 10 a.m.) as well as plan fellowship and mission events. Mom’s Night Out meets monthly over dinner for fellowship and discussion.
More information and opportunities available at www.napc.org/women
The men’s ministry was launched in the Spring of 2011 and started with monthly men’s breakfasts—seeking to assist the men of NAPC to jointly work on activities that grow our faith and fellowship with each other as a community.